As a Data Creator (DC), following steps are needed in order to import data, replicate it and create offer on the ODN.
- valid .xml or .json file according to data guidelines
- working ot-node
- ip whitelisted (there is a separate article on this same page on how to whitelist your NODE_IP)
- make sure your node has joined network (this can be verified if you see in node log line like : "Initial sync with other peers done")
- make POST request on http://NODE_IP:PORT/api/import with desired importfile and importype in request body as per documentation (https://docs.origintrail.io/en/latest/introduction-to-api.html#api-import-post) for example, one of the ways to do this can be logging into running container via:
docker exec -it otnode bash
then using curl to import (let's assume you are running node on your local machine):
curl -X POST http://127.0.0.1:8900/api/import -F importtype=GS1 \
- On success, previous step returns value for import_id, needed for next API call
- make POST request on http://NODE_IP:PORT/api/replication with import_id in request body ( https://docs.origintrail.io/en/latest/introduction-to-api.html#api-replication-post) .
having this said, and continuing on the example from above:
curl -X POST \
After performing above steps, your node will create an offer onto ODN, so from that moment on, other nodes can compete and bid for this specific offer.